Solid top and stand, but some things overlooked
Let me just preface everything by saying that once I got the table up and running, it worked great, and I was able to do things like feed through 10 foot lengths of 1x5 oak to custom mill my own crown moulding, without worrying about stability or performance.
I like the fence system -- though be careful about the amount of pressure you place on the featherboards, as the fence can tip back ever so slightly out of 90 degrees if you make them too tight on the workpiece.
But there are some weak links in the package that hopefully will be addressed in future upgrades:
1. The phenolic plate: they say it doesn't sag, but outfitted with my Triton 3.25 HP router, there was sagging on all four of the sides, causing the workpiece to catch. I was able to remedy this by fabricating additional plate levelers to place at the midway point between the corners. But maybe in the future Kreg can look into making an aluminum plate option?
2. OEM Insert plate levelers: while screwing in the plate to the levelers (very carefully, with a screwdriver), two of them had their brass screw casings literally pop out as I was tightening them. This was not a case of over-tightening, as I had been warned in advance to be careful during the attachment procedure. For $500, it seems like Kreg could spend a bit more on the hardware that ties the system together. A Router table is a piece of machinery that's only as good as its weakest link.
3. Reducing rings: a concave depression is created in the red reducing rings as you tighten them. This isn't a big deal if they are wide-mouthed, or if you're running a fairly long piece. But for the ones for small router bits, or if the workpiece itself is small, this depression can create some chatter in the cut. Again, this is a case where it seems like they took a shortcut on what should otherwise be a decent set-up.
Let me say in closing that when I brought some of these issues to Kreg's attention, they were very responsive and apologetic, immediately replacing the insert plate levelers. They also sent a new insert plate, but I found that the same sagging occurred -- which, in any case, I rectified with the additional levelers.